AN ALL-IN-ONE HD MULTI-FORMAT AV MIXER WITH BUILT-IN USB 3.0 FOR WEB STREAMING AND RECORDING
A complete portable HD studio in a single unit. Single-person operation of sound and picture using faders, buttons and touch screen. The Roland VR-50HD all-in-one AV mixer beautifully integrates an audio mixer, video switcher, multi-viewer touch screen and USB video/audio streaming into a stand-alone device. This single unit delivers functionality that until now required a number of peripheral devices to accomplish. This portable live HD production solution is ideal for schools, churches, council meetings, corporate events, sports, trainings, or any other live event.
- 12 input, 4-Channel Video plus still channel Multi-Format Switcher
- Supports 3G/HD/SD SDI, HDMI, RGB/Component, and Composite Video Inputs Up to 1080p (3G SDI)
- Embedding of audio with delay settings
- 12-Channel Digital Audio Mixer with XLR, TRS, and RCA jacks along with audio from SDI and HDMI inputs
- 4 Layer, Compositing of PinP, PinP/KEY, and STILL
- Built-In Preview Touch Monitor (7 inch Graphic color LCD 800 x 480 dots)
- External Multi-View Output through HDMI
- HDCP Support
- USB3.0 Video/Audio Output for web streaming and recording up to 1080p (uncompressed)
The VR50HD is an all-in-one device − a complete high-definition production center in a single unit.
You can connect cameras, computers, Blu-ray players, DVD players, microphones, iPads, and more for use as input devices, without having to worry about whether the equipment is analog or digital or what formats they output. In addition to HD-SDI and HDMI output for HD recording equipment, the unit also provides USB 3.0 and 2.0 output. This enables the ability to connect a computer and perform live streaming and recording. All digital video output connectors include embedded audio as well.
Application example: Presentations and Live Events
You never know what kind of material on what devices/media will be brought to a presentation or live event. The notebook computers that presenters bring can have a variety of connectors from VGA to DVI, HDMI, and others. Resolutions are also diverse, and quick accommodation is not always possible. Use of commercially available Blu-ray discs and DVDs can also run into the problem of playback being restricted by HDCP.
The VR-50HD resolves such issues without the need for any additional equipment.
Even when input devices use different resolutions, internal scalers perform automatic conversion to the optimal resolution. The built-in scalers also let you expand and reduce video and still images however you like for perfect framing. The VR-50HD features an HDCP mode that lets you input and switch commercial digital video from sources such as Blu-ray discs or game consoles encoded using HDCP digital copyright management technology. This is a multi-format AV mixer that you can count on to handle whatever material turns up on-site.
*In HDCP mode, only HDMI output can be used. Use of SDI, RGB/Component, Composite, analog audio output is not possible. *Commercial use of content requires the permission of the copyright-holder.
12 input, 4-Channel Multi-format Video Switcher
At total of 12 HDMI, 3G/HD/SD-SDI/SDI, RGB/COMPONENT, and composite inputs are provided. In addition to professional HD cameras, you can connect equipment that ranges from computers and Blu-ray and DVD players to video cameras using composite output. The unit features multi-format specifications that allows you to never have to worry about differences in resolution among input devices. *6 channel switching is possible when not using compositing features such as PinP and Key.
Built-In Preview Touch Monitor
The VR-50HD is equipped with a large 7-inch touch-panel LCD screen that enables truly intuitive operation. Using the seven-way multi-viewer to display four input pictures, composited material, and program out simultaneously eliminates the need for external monitors. You can also switch to quad multi-view. Advanced settings for picture and sound can also be made using the touch panel, so you can get started right away without having to read the manual.
Four Layer Composition
The composition feature supports a total of four layers. This lets you place keyed video on picture-in-picture, then also superimpose a still picture imported into the unit’s internal memory over that. PinP and key compositing use independent scalers, so you can adjust the positions and sizes however you like. You can switch the effects on and off at any time using the dedicated composition buttons. You can set the order of succession for PinP, PinP/KEY, and STILL to your preference. *The VR-50HD can store up to 4 still images in the internal memory. *STILL position and size compositing can not be adjusted.
12-Channel Digital Audio Mixer
The VR-50HD features a 12-channel digital audio mixer that mixes audio from cameras in addition to sound from four microphones, computers, and DVD players. Capturing and mixing 3G/HD/SD-SDI/HDMI audio in the audio mixer is also possible. Using the “Audio Follow” feature, you can even make the audio switch automatically from one source to another as the video source changes. Built-in delay and equalizer features make possible a broad range of use, from seminars to musical events.
USB3.0 Video/Audio Output
The USB 2.0/3.0 output enables web streaming with ease by simply connecting to a computer running a live streaming service. Recording is equally simple by using QuickTime or the dedicated Windows/Mac capture software, the Video Capture for VR. The video format is up to 1080/59.94p through USB3.0 and up to 720/29.97p through USB2.0. The resolution and frame rate of video format and audio level and delay can be changed thanks to the dedicated scaler and the dedicated volume and delay for the USB output. See the current VR-50HD Streaming Software Compatibility list for more information on streaming software compatibility.
* Note: Certified USB3.0 cables are required when output is set to 720p or higher.
Video Capture for VR
Video Capture for VR is application software that captures video and audio signals output from the VR-50HD USB port and saves them to video files on your connected Windows/Mac. Click on the Download tab to find the VR Capture software.
eSchool News 2014-15 Readers’ Choice Award
Rental and Staging Magazine InfoComm 2014 – Best new broadcast/web streaming product.
Worship Leader – Best of the Best 2013.
WFX 2013 Winner: Best Podcasting, Webcasting or Streaming Product.
Sound & Video Contractor Magazine – Top 30 Most Innovative Products – 2013.
Top 5 Products for Churches from Infocomm 2013.
4:2:2 (Y/Pb/Pr), 10-bit
* Conforms to SMPTE 424M (SMPTE 425M-AB), 292M, 259M-C. HDMI(DVI-D): Type A(19pin) x 4 (INPUT 1–4
* HDCP Supported.
Analog RGB/HD-Component: Mini D-sub 15-pin type x 2 (INPUT 1–2)
Analog Video (SD): Composite (BNC type) x 2 (INPUT 1–2)
* INPUT 1-2: Select SDI, HDMI or Analog RGB, Composite using menu.
* INPUT 3-4: Select SDI, HDMI using menu.
* Conforms to SMPTE 424M (SMPTE 425M-AB), 292M, 259M-C HDMI(DVI-D): Type A(19pin) x 3 (PGM OUT, AUX OUT, MULTI VIEW
* HDCP Supported Analog RGB/HD-Component: Mini D-sub 15-pin type x 2 (PGM OUT, AUX OUT)
Analog RGB: 0.7 Vp-p 75 ohms (H, V: 5 VTTL)
Analog HD: 1.0 Vp-p 75 ohms (Sync-Signal: Bi-Level/Tri-Level)
* Conforms to SMPTE 274M, SMPTE 296M, ITU-R BT.601-5.
1280×800/60Hz(*1), 1280×1024/60Hz(*1), 1400×1050/60Hz, 1920×1080/60Hz
*2 Conforms to CEA-861-E or VESA DMT Version 1.0 Revision 11.
* The video signal frame rate must match the unit’s frame rate setting.
* The output format of HDMI and RGB/Component is always the same.
When a Video format is selected, component signal is output from the RGB/COMPONENT connector.
When a RGB format is selected, RGB signal is output from the RGB/COMPONENT connector.
* Maximum 1920 x 1080 pixels, 24-bit per pixel, uncompressed.
Composition: PinP, Chrominance Key, Luminance Key
Others: Output Fade, Output Freeze, User Logo
* XLR type: 1 GND, 2 HOT, 3 COLD
* Phantom Power: DC 48 V (unloaded maximum), 5 mA (maximum load) (Current value per channel).
AUDIO IN (5 to 8) jacks (RCA phono type)
AUDIO IN (9 to 12) jacks (TRS type)
* XLR type: 1 GND, 2 HOT, 3 COLD
AUDIO OUT L,R jacks (RCA phono type)
PHONES jack (Stereo 1/4-inch phone type) (headphones)
PHONES jack (Stereo miniature type) (headphones)
RCA phono: -10 dBu (Maximum: +8 dBu, 11 k ohms)
TRS: +4 dBu (Maximum: +22 dBu, 98 k ohms)
RCA phono: -10 dBu (Maximum: +8 dBu, 1 k ohms)
Headphones: 25 mW + 25 mW, 20 ohms
* SMPTE 299M, SMPTE 272M-C
HDMI: Linear PCM, 24bit, 48kHz, 2ch
USB-AUDIO: Linear PCM, 16bit, 48kHz, 2ch
Master Effects: Mastering, 3-Band EQ, Reverb
RS-232C: D-sub 9 pin type x 1
USB3.0 port(device): Type B for USB-VIDEO (Super-Speed/Hi-Speed), USB-AUDIO (Full-Speed)
– Uncompressed Video 4:2:2 (Y/Pb/Pr), 8-bit
– Bit-rate: max 2Gbit/s (1080/59.94p only active pixels)
– UVC (USB Video Class) supported uncompressed Video
– Certified USB3.0 cable is required when running at super-speed (anything at 720p or higher)
8GB Memory or more
USB 3.0 (supported USB3.0 Intel Chipset e.g. 7Series)
Note: USB Controller Chip by Renesas (formerly NEC) is not suitable
Current VR-50HD Streaming Software Compatibility list.
11 lbs. 11 oz.
* This product is a Class A digital device under FCC part 15.
* In the interest of product improvement, the specifications and/or appearance of this unit are subject to change without prior notice.
* This product is intended for use in the following Electromagnetic environments: E1:residential, E2:commercial and light industrial, E3:urban outdoors,
E4:controlled EMC environment, ex. recording studio (broadcasting studio) which are specified in EN55103-1 and EN55103-2.